Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine Tree...

My daughter was so excited for Christmas this year and especially loved helping to decorate the house, inside and out. She was not so happy about having to pack all the decorations away again for a whole year. So we decided to keep up a small tree and decorate it for Valentine's Day!


We made a big batch of salt dough heart ornaments last year. They were super easy to make and I just love how they came out. See the original post with the recipe here. I also made the mini cupcake ornaments last year and liked them so much I made more this year. They were a big seller at the craft fairs. I saw them on the Bake it Pretty blog...you can find a great tutorial for them here.




We even made a Valentine angel for the top of the tree. She is made from a toilet paper tube, cardstock and scrapbook paper. She is the perfect finishing touch!


Who says trees are just for Christmas?

Thanks for visiting!
~ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment