Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. This year I started my holiday preparations and craft projects early and I had most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving. I even wrapped a few gifts here and there to avoid staying up into the wee hours on Christmas Eve to finish wrapping, an annual tradition I wanted to break. We almost did it! There were just a few last minute things left to wrap and the stockings to fill before we could go to bed too. My hubby baked all the cookies and a yummy holiday bread this year which was so nice - and he did such a fine job I will insist he take it over next year as well. 

I participated in an ornament swap this year for the first time and I enjoyed it so much I hope to do it again next year. It was simple, mail three handmade ornaments to three different people and receive three handmade ornaments from three different people. I love all the ornamnets I received, so unique. Here is my handmade ornament for the swap, I hope my three recipients enjoy them, I had alot of fun making them.    




















I also want to share these adorable mini cupcake ornaments that I made. I got the idea for these from the Bake it Pretty Blog where there is a detailed tutorial for them. I used wire and beads to add sprinkles to mine. They came out so sweet that I couldn't resist keeping a couple for myself, I will definately be making more of these next year.

























~ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment