Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Memories

At our house we are busy preparing for my daughter's fourth birthday party. This year she has requested a Strawberry Shortcake party and while I did pick up a few Strawberry Shortcake items, the main theme is really just berries.

All this party planning and the fact that she is already four has me looking back at her past three parties and I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things from them.

Her first birthday party was a Winnie the Pooh party. I purchased almost everything that year, except the cake which I made to look like a beehive. I thought it came out pretty cute.


I found the perfect flag for the day too...


Just love this shot...


For her second birthday we went with a fairy theme. I was a little more crafty that year and made the invitations as well as the favors. I purchased cupcakes topped with a variety of icing flowers and added little butterfiles from Michael's to them. Here is the invitation which had a sliding inner panel.


These little fairies were the favors. My sister-in-law helped me make up a bunch of these little cuties. They were super easy to make. I will share more details about them in another post.


For her third birthday we had a mermaid party, not neccessarily Ariel, just mermaids. I found the perfect cake at Market Basket of all places! It was so good that I ordered this year's cake from there too.


I also made some extra cupcakes adorned with seashells that I made with Sizzlits dies that I had.  


And my favoritest creation of all is this paper-mache mermaid that I made. I admit it was a labor of love but came out so great. It is hanging on the wall in her room now.


Wow, that was a long post, but I could not resist!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

~ Julie D.


No comments:

Post a Comment