Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011


Baby Shower Invites & Cute Baby Gift Idea...

My brother-in-law and his beautiful wife are expecting their first child next month and I am so excited to become an auntie, again. I already have six "official" nieces and nephews and two "cousinephews" and a "cousiniece" all on my side of the family. I made those words up by the way!

Anyway, I had the honor of making the invitations for the upcoming baby shower and thought I would share them with you.  My sister-in-law showed me an ivitation as an example of what she would like them to look like. It is from Hobby Lobby and you can view it here.

Here is my version...I incorporated the theme of the baby's room, lavender and butterflies



I think I did a pretty good job of taking an inspiration card and recreating my own version of it using supplies that were available to me (pat, pat). What do you think?

Here is a shot of all the products I used to create these beauties...

Here are some of the pieces waiting to be assembled...


Here they are all ready to go...
















I am also making a diaper cake as a centerpiece for the shower and have purchased plain white onesies and cloth diapers to incorporate into the cake along with some disposable diapers. I saw these adorable onsies embellished with simple fabric and fusible web on one of the too many blogs that I like to read, but cannot remember which one or seem to find it again. My apologies to the crafty person who inspired me...if I find you again, I will be sure to give you the credit you so deserve.  

The before...

and the after...so cute...

I was having so much fun that I added little hearts to the diapers burp-cloths too...

I will post some pictures of the finished diaper cake when it is complete.

Thanks for visiting!

~ Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment