Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

inspiration recreation

I love to look through papercrafting and scrapbooking magazines and see all the fabulous ideas that crafty people have come up with. I've been collecting these magazines for over ten years now and have acquired quite a few over the years. It does not matter to me how old the they are, the ideas always seem new each time I look through them. I often pull them off the bookshelf in batches for a little inspiration.

While browsing the March/April 2012 issue of Paper Crafts, I came across a beautiful card and knew right away I wanted to recreate it. You can see the original card and the inspiration sketch for it here.

Here is my recreation...


My version is a simplified one which totally suits my style. All supplies are by amuse|studio and can be purchased either by contacting me directly or through my webstore. I used woodgrain cardstock in latte for the side panel and vanilla cardstock for the base. The leaves are stamped with grass pigment ink and the sentiment in french roast pigment ink. The paper flowers are colored with a Copic marker (one of my favorite little tricks) and a small pearl adorns the center of each bloom.  


I was so happy with the way my first card came out that I just had to make another!


These flowers remind me of the small flowers we find in our yard, I do not know what they are called but I love them...


Inspiration can be found in lots of places but you gotta love Paper Crafts!

I hope you are inspired!!!

Thanks for visiting!
~ Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment